question

The Stig avatar image
The Stig asked

What is the companion app mentioned in this thread?

https://forums.developer.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=5605&tstart=0 I tried to reply to the post directly but got an error saying I didn't have the necessary permissions.
alexa skills kitdebugging
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered
The companion app is an application you install on your phone/tablet. I needed to use it to set up The Echo with my WiFi. It's also where any "cards" you define as responses get displayed. I use Android and found it readily enough by searching for "Amazon Echo" in the play store. It's free to install. I'm sure it works similarly for iThings.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

memo@amazon avatar image
memo@amazon answered
Hi RJ S, jjaquinta is correct, the Companion app is the Android/ Web/ iOS app used to configure an Echo and where Cards get displayed.
10 |5000

The Stig avatar image
The Stig answered
Ah OK. The post made me think there was a separate app from the actual Echo App. Thank you sir.
10 |5000