question

Patsch avatar image
Patsch asked

Can't get alexa to recognise my invocation name

I've developed a skill and was testing it successfully yesterday, but since today Alexa no longer even recognises that I am asking for a skill, i.e. when I say Alexa, ask MY SKILL for whatever Alexa doesn't even recognise the word "ask" as the trigger for a particular skill. I've tried various combinations of invocation names, without success. So while my skill sits there ready to be tested, I just can't get Alexa to forward requests to it. Any suggestions what I could do ? Is there some super simple invocation names I could try ? I've also tried to train Alexa to my voice, but that didn't help either.
alexa skills kitdebugging
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

The Stig avatar image
The Stig answered
What's the invocation name? Is it at least two syllables? The Alexa Skill documentation recommends a invocation name of at least two syllables so Echo can understand it.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

justin avatar image
justin answered
As The Stig mentioned, please make sure your invocation is at least two syllables. You can find the rest of the recommended and required invocation guidelines here: https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/alexa/alexa-skills-kit/docs/choosing-the-invocation-name-for-an-alexa-skill Additionally, please make sure your testing device is still registered to the account which you're deploying the skills too, as it's possible your Echo may have been unregistered from your account and is no longer receiving your developed skill.
10 |5000