question

Jim Hunter avatar image
Jim Hunter asked

Did the way we launch app (skills) change?

First forgive me, I have not been on the threads in over a month and this may have been covered but I couldn't find it. When I first started developing for Alexa, I could both start my app and pass utterances at the same time. Now, it seems that if I try to do that it fails. It fails, even though it heard me exactly correct. So, if I say: Alexa, start print my app responds and asks "what do I want to print" I can then say "number 1 2 3 4 5 j i" and it does what I want it to. If I say: "Alexa, start print, number 1 2 3 4 5 j i" I simply get the two tone error response from Alexa. But if I look in history, it heard me correctly, it just didn't know what to do. And I have also noticed that many times when I say it all together, it either adds that phrase to my To-Do list or it tries to play that song from my library. Yes, I do believe that things have changed since last I worked on this. Any thoughts? Thanks, Jim
alexa skills kitdebugging
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Greg Crawford avatar image
Greg Crawford answered
What about if you say: "Alexa, start print AND number 1 2 3 4 5 j i" ? (say the word "and" between the launch phrase and the utterance)
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jim Hunter avatar image
Jim Hunter answered
Great! That did the trick. The only part is that is sounds funny when saying it, but beggers can't be choosers. I am just glad it can be done for speeds sake. Thanks, Jim
10 |5000