question

Gregory Vonfange avatar image
Gregory Vonfange asked

How to enable Account Linking

From the guide: Registering and Managing Alexa Apps in the Developer Portal Account Linking or Creation: Indicates whether your app lets users create an account or link to an existing account for your service. My Question: I'd like to have users sign into their account on my server. Similar to how they can log into their pandora account to play their music stations. How can I enable the account linking mentioned in the guide, there seems to be no additional information. Is this something that can be configured in settings? Or filled in via a Card response?
alexa skills kitdebugging
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Anil avatar image
Anil answered
I believe the text is simply asking if you are going to store the userId field (or some other variation of a user identifier). For example, you could ask store the userId, then, using a card, point the user to a web page that authorizes Facebook access. You would then be linking the Echo user with Facebook. This all needs to be done by your app though, Amazon doesn't provide any magic here. Anil
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Matthew Buck avatar image
Matthew Buck answered
If anybody from Amazon could reply here, I'd also be interested in the response. Is a card the best method? Thanks!
10 |5000

The Stig avatar image
The Stig answered
As of now, the card method (having a link to where the end user can login on your server) is the best method. However - cards currently don't support HTML links, this feature is supposedly coming soon, so there's no way to test it.
10 |5000