question

Scott W. avatar image
Scott W. asked

Simple Utterance Question

I am brand new to all of this and still learning so bear with me. I have successfully created an app and am playing around with the Utterances. In testing I have these 2 to test with: [I]My Intent:[/I] [b] "intent": "RunEventIntent", "slots": [ { "name": "EventName", "type": "LITERAL" [/b] [I]My Utterances:[/I] [b] RunEventIntent Run {channelthirteen|EventName} RunEventIntent {channelthirteen|EventName} [/b] My Invocation Name is: the TV so I want to be able to say "Alexa, tell the TV channelthirteen" Right now I have to say "Alexa, tell the TV [b]to[/b] Run channelthirteen" or "Alexa, tell the TV [b]to[/b] channelthirteen" and this works. I would like not to have to say the "to" part if possible. Can I do that or is it required? Message was edited by: Scott W.
alexa skills kitdebugging
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Matt Kruse avatar image
Matt Kruse answered
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Scott W. avatar image
Scott W. answered
Thanks, I just read up and understand now. I may try "Alexa, tell the TV to goto channelthirteen". I was trying to eliminate as much as I could so my family would not have issues using it, this command does seem to flow right though :) Thank, Scott
10 |5000