question

John Lynch avatar image
John Lynch asked

Household Account for Testing??

I'm trying to test the SpaceGeek sample as my first skill. I follow the instructions and the skill is shown as Enabled on the http://echo.amazon.com/#skills page. However, it does not seem to be recognized by the Echo. When I look on the iPhone app the skill is not listed. I purchased the Echo with my wife's Prime account but I'm doing development under my own account. I am registered as a member of the "household" for Echo. I'm guessing this is the issue as things like shopping lists are identical between the web and phone interfaces but the skills are not. Any help?
alexa skills kitdebugging
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

deb7s avatar image
deb7s answered
Try saying 'Alexa, which account am I using?' If Alexa responds with your wife's account, say 'Alexa, switch accounts' Then, in the app, go to the 'Settings' section, tap 'Log Out' in the upper right, and then login again under your account. Once both the app and Alexa are set to use your account, you should see your skill under skills, and be able to test it with your Echo.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.