question

Rand M avatar image
Rand M asked

Is it possible to get the actual Audio stream on my server

Is it possible to have the actual audio that the user speaks to Echo sent to a web service that lives on my server? Thanks very much, Jeff
alexa skills kitdebugging
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered
Not with the current SDK. You only get the text as it relates to the slots in your intents.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rand M avatar image
Rand M answered
Thanks!
10 |5000

kth70 avatar image
kth70 answered
Hi, is support for forwarding the stream on the feature roadmap? This is something we would like to see in the product we are planning to use Echo for.
10 |5000

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered
There is no roadmap. At least not one Amazon will share with us. Their standard answer has been the unhelpful "This feature request has been passed on to the appropriate development team. As you can understand, we cannot comment on future releases or features." In other words "Thank you for your input, please shut up." Having been in the business of business partner technical enablement, I find this a horrific business practice. I gave a long look at it in my blog ( https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/explaining-amazons-indifference-joseph-jaquinta), and people have heard enough from me about it in the forum so I'll spare you my ranting. :-) Of late, they've ratcheted back the "we cannot comment" bit in their boilerplate responses. They haven't been commenting, so it's only become slightly less obnoxious, not genuinely helpful. Maybe you should put in a feature request for a roadmap. Then we, as developers adding value to their platform, can more seriously engage.
10 |5000

Code Monkey avatar image
Code Monkey answered
+1 for the audio stream request. In fact I like to see two-way audio streaming so that we can use echo for talk.
10 |5000

Galactoise avatar image
Galactoise answered
Well, as of yesterday you can provide an audio-clip as Ssml, so you're half way there, Code Monkey.
10 |5000