question

Me avatar image
Me asked

How can I make Echo speak (or play a recording) ?

I would like to have an IFTTT recipe make the Echo "speak" something (or play a sound). How do I do that? Since the Echo is an Amazon device I would have though I can simply hook it up with my Amazon account and authorize it to make a request (having provided valid authentication credentials).
alexa skills kitdebugging
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered
This is called "push notification". You can't do it. It is the most requested feature for the Echo and there are numerous feature request threads asking Amazon to add this capability. You can go and add your +1 to any of those threads. My personal opinion (noted on several of the threads) is that Amazon will never do this. They've got enough problems getting user acceptance for an "always on" device sitting in their home potentially broadcasting everything said to the internet. But that's just my opinion.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.