question

John A. M. Darnell avatar image
John A. M. Darnell asked

Alexa Skills KIt -- where is it?

Hello all: I am a seasoned programmer who was recently laid off for budgetary reasons. Since I'm 62 I decided that retirement would be a good option. That gives me the freedom to play around, learn new stuff that *I* want to learn and perhaps make a few bucks on the side to supplement my Social Security. I have been looking for the ASK for the better part of a day and I cannot find it. There is a thread in this forum that has a link supposedly pointing to the ASK, but when I click on it, I get that infamous error message, "Page does not exist." So, can someone help me find the ASK? I figure that the first step in any developer endeavor is downloading the SDK (grin). I would appreciate any help you all can give, Thanks! R, John
alexa skills kitdebugging
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Michael E. Strupp avatar image
Michael E. Strupp answered
See this page: "Getting Started With The Alexa Skills Kit" https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/alexa/alexa-skills-kit/getting-started-guide Scroll down about 4/5 down the page to the section labeled "Deciding How to Host Your Cloud-based Service" and see the two links for the following files: AlexaSkillsKitJavaScript.zip AlexaSkillsKitJava.zip The first is the skills kit for Javascript, the second is for Java. Note that you have to be logged into the developer portal already to download these. Good luck!
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered
I think Michael lead you there. But don't feel bad. Their site is rather cryptic. I get lot every time I try to find the developer console from an empty browser window. It doesn't help that developer.amazon.com is completely different to aws.amazon.com, and it's also 90% focused on mobile development. I should just bookmark the damn thing.
10 |5000