question

josh@gameforge avatar image
josh@gameforge asked

Wrong sender of ContactUs message

When sending a message via the contact us form, the email notification lists the sender with " from has contacted the Amazon Support Team". When I send such a message however, it doesn't show my name, but the name of my product director who created the company profile and invited me as developer. This may sound pedantic, but a mail copy informing him that he personally contacted Amazon support when he didn't looks strange.
amazon appstoreshowcase
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jan@Gameforge avatar image
Jan@Gameforge answered
As the mentioned person I would definitely like this to be changed, too. It was not only confusing for us, but also for your support people that read Josh's email, but replied with a "Hi Jan" as my name was mentioned instead of the sender's name.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

StephenC@Amazon avatar image
StephenC@Amazon answered
The name used in the email is the administrator of the Dev Portal Account. What would be a good solution -- possibly a text area that allows you to enter you name and email?

Jan@Gameforge avatar image
Jan@Gameforge answered
That's not even necessary, Josh is using his own sub-account that I created for him. He logs in using his own email, not the administrator account. On the top right of the dashboard it shows his name and everything - only when he uses the form "contact us" to write to you, it uses my name in the created email (and probably in your internal case data).

StephenC@Amazon avatar image
StephenC@Amazon answered
OK, I see what you're saying. I'll see if we can get this solved. Thanks again.