question

USMLEWorld Support avatar image
USMLEWorld Support asked

Please stop locking threads

I am sure this has been said a million times but I still see threads being locked. While I appreciate efforts by admins/mods especially Steve, Samuel, Anshul, I still see Henderson going around locking threads. Out of his 9 posts 6 are locked threads. Also the "announcment" that is linked from the message which indicates the lock, is not helpful. If any developer has any issue then most of the time it will be specific to his or her app. But it does not mean that tne discussion won't help others. The thread by shimfish was locked earlier and i had to start a new thread on same topic. Now his thread is unlocked too. So now there are 3 threads floating around on same thing. Someone raised a question about return policy for paid apps. That thread got locked. For general/ policy related discussion, make it a sticky if you have that option. I hope Amazon is monitoring these forums. The general idea I am getting is that developers are not that happy with all these vague guidelines and random locking, i understand its still evolving but doesn't that make it more reasonable to keep discussions going with more open ideas?
amazon appstoreshowcase
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Samuel@Amazon avatar image
Samuel@Amazon answered
Hi, Thanks for sharing your suggestion regarding lock on threads. We understand your concern and our intention in locking threads is to keep your privacy on public forums so that the account related information will be kept confidential. We consider your suggestion and we are trying our best to keep this forum more communicative, open and more helpful to the other developers. Amazon do monitor these forums :) Thanks again

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Brass Key Software avatar image
Brass Key Software answered
Henderson@amazon is still going around locking threads that have no business being locked. It reduces the value of these forums to next to nothing. I really wish you guys would cut the stiff corporate behavior and deal with us developers openly.

amap12 avatar image
amap12 answered
I agree that Amazon should stop locking threads. Like others, I have noticed an overwhelming number of threads being locked, which effectively shuts down any conversation related to that topic. If the thread is getting out of hand, sure, then lock it. But if it's staying on topic, useful, and cordial, then leave it open. There are always other developers who will find the info in the thread useful and who may want to comment on the topic or ask questions. If you're really trying to protect privacy (as I've seen mentioned in other threads by Amazon reps), go into the thread and edit out any private info that someone might have posted. But please don't lock the thread and shut others out.

Samuel@Amazon avatar image
Samuel@Amazon answered
Hi, Thanks for giving your feedback and suggestions on locking threads. We will certainly look in to this and consider your suggestions for this. Thanks again.