question

Nat Thompson avatar image
Nat Thompson asked

Manifest Verification Problems

I seem to be having trouble validating my manifest file. I have two versions: http://www.coolflashcards.com/multiplication-cards-1to12-manifest.json http://www.coolflashcards.com/multiplication-cards-1to12-manifest.webapp I've added mimeType support for those file extensions via my configuration at my hosting company but when I click the Verify button on the App Files tab I get the error: "Could not read the manifest, format is invalid ". I've tried simply copying and pasting the sample file with my verification key included but receive the same error. Any ideas of what I could be doing wrong?
web apps
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Nat Thompson, Thank you for posting. I simply sent a GET request from Firefox browser to the json url you have provided above. While inspecting through the fire bug, I can see below response is coming. [b][/b]{ "verification_key": "8a90469a-d0ba-4f12-8167-ad921acf3a83", "launch_path": "flashcards/multiplication", "type": "web", "version": "1.1a", "last_update": "2013-08-10 16:17:00-0800", "created_by": "Nat Thompson" } So you can see that there are few strange characters are appended at the beginning of the json object's curly brace. When you press verify button, Amazon server send a GET request to your json file and try to parse it. Due to of presence of these extra characters, the parser fails and causes verification failure. Please try to figure out who is appending these strange characters with the response being served by your Microsoft-IIS/7.0 server. Hope it makes sense. Sorry for the late response.
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.