question

Ewizabef avatar image
Ewizabef asked

Redirecting to Open Browser

Are we not allowed to intentionally open up a device's browser in a web app? Or is there a certain depth the linking needs to be? I ask because my app keeps getting rejected because it intentionally opens certain links in the web browser, and I can't find anywhere in the content guidelines that we can't do that in a web app. Thanks.
web apps
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

robin avatar image
robin answered
I agree that it appears the current developer web site topics do not address this issue, although I did find a sentence under the old site. This implies it should now be acceptable. Top of page black bar :: Feedback >> Exit new site https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/webapps/Best-Practices.html#navigation 'Preserve Navigation within your App' "Test the core app functionality and ensure that the customer does not get launched into a browser." There is an additional link 'Read more about allowed URLs' on that page. As I see your post is a month old, before abandoning this desired feature, make sure an Amazonian staff member provides a concrete definitive response as to why this is undesireable. I have the same need in an Html5 web app as will others. Robin
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.