question

James Dickinson avatar image
James Dickinson asked

Deploy Error: Code is being displayed.

I just want to share my finding for an issue I had and resolved. Project type: Web app (.ZIP Archive, not url) [b]Issue[/b] After zipping the webapp, uploading, and submitting it to the amazon app store, it fail submission with the follow error: Your app has failed a test case. [i]Bug Description:Functionality fail Steps to Reproduce: 1.Install and Launch the App. 2.Code is being displayed. [/i] After downloading the debug version, the apk that amazon creates for you from your package and comparing it to a working one, all the www assets were missing. [b]Root Cause[/b] The package i was uploading had the index.html save in utf-8. [b]Solution[/b] Update the index.html to ANSI and resubmit. All passed. [b]Note[/b] While testing on the device with the html5 webapp tester, this error did not happen, only while uploading via amazon app submission.
web apps
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Amelia@Amazon avatar image
Amelia@Amazon answered
Hello James, Please raise a ConatctUs ( https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html) with us, including specific app information and we will look into the issue.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.