question

northfetch avatar image
northfetch asked

AWV API - setLoadWithOverviewMode() UnsupportedOperationException

So I recently modified my app to use the Amazon WebView SDK. Everything seems to work well, except when setting up the webview and I call webView.getSettings().setLoadWithOverviewMode(true), I'm getting a runtime exception: Unsupported method java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException at com.amazon.android.webkit.embedded.EmbeddedWebSettings.setLoadWithOverviewMode(EmbeddedWebSettings.java:297) Digging a little deeper into the settingsDelegate object returned by webView.getSettings() I noticed that there is no member property for mLoadWithOverviewMode (which is there for the standard android webview), it seems as if the property is missing/unimplemented in the Amazon webview. I've been testing this on a 2012 Kindle Fire HD 7" tablet, System Version: 7.5.1_user_5156420, with the Amazon WebView API downloaded today from: https://s3.amazonaws.com/awv-api/awv_api.zip
web apps
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, The latest version of Amazon WebView should no longer have this error. Can you try again with the latest version? Thanks, Nick
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.