question

shaqspeare avatar image
shaqspeare asked

Login With Amazon not working on Kindle Fire

[On behalf of: mbigger ] We have login with Amazon on our site. The login works well on our computers but does not work on the Silk Browser on the Fire. It works on the Dolphin browser on the Fire. Anyone has Seen this before?
login with amazon
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shaqspeare avatar image
shaqspeare answered
Could you provide a link to the site on which you are encountering problems? Also, are there specific Kindle Fire models on which you are seeing this behavior? If you do not wish to post links to the forum, feel free to contact us at lwa-support@amazon.com.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shaqspeare avatar image
shaqspeare answered
[On behalf of: mbigger] Try: http://biggercapital.squarespace.com/spread-analyzer/ Google, Facebook, Yahoo, and Amazon not working on any of my Fires 8.9 and 7" (latest version). All these buttons work on the same Fire but on the Dolphin browser. Michael
10 |5000

shaqspeare avatar image
shaqspeare answered
It looks like Login With Amazon sends the correct response to your return URL, but your site then redirects back to your login page. If I sign in again, Login With Amazon sends the same response (with different authorization code) to your return URL, which this time sends me into your app. This was reproducible in both Amazon Silk on Kindle Fire and Google Chrome on desktop. Is this the behavior you are seeing? If so, it looks as though Login With Amazon is behaving as expected. If not, could you describe the problem as you see it, including any error messages or relevant code snippets? Once again, feel free to send this information to lwa-support@amazon.com if you do not wish to post it on the forum.
10 |5000

shaqspeare avatar image
shaqspeare answered
[On behalf of: mbigger] The logins button work in Chrome on a desktop and on the dolphin browser of the Fires I own. It is in Silk that I can't open them. I have only this issue in Silk, and no other browsers.
10 |5000

shaqspeare avatar image
shaqspeare answered
Unfortunately I have only been able to reproduce the behavior I described in my previous reply. Could you describe what you mean when you say that you "can't open them" in Silk? Does the browser display an error message, are you redirected to an Amazon error page, does LWA return an error response, or is it something else? A screenshot of the error condition might help us in troubleshooting the problem.
10 |5000

shaqspeare avatar image
shaqspeare answered
[On behalf of: mbigger] When you press any of the button, nothing happens. No error message, no nothing. Almost like there is a pop up blocker but pop up is enabled on all my Fires. I click Amazon and nothing happens. This must be at the Silk level. Do you have another site I can check that has a login Amazon button like this? Would love to try it with my Fire. I don't think there is anything wrong with the button,,,,,I think it is Silk. I tried all kind of set up on Silk and nothing happens.
10 |5000

shaqspeare avatar image
shaqspeare answered
Thank you for the additional information. You mentioned popups: the site that you linked earlier is not configured to use the Login With Amazon popup dialog; it is redirecting within the main page. Do you have another page that is using the popup dialog?
10 |5000

shaqspeare avatar image
shaqspeare answered
[On behalf of: mbigger] No. Would love to try to login another website that uses Login with Amazon. All the buttons (Google, FB, Amazon, Yahoo,etc) on my site are not working withing Silk. To confirm that the issue is with Silk I would like to try another website that have these buttons.
10 |5000