question

Maximiliano Firtman avatar image
Maximiliano Firtman asked

Amazon Silk for second generation Kindle Fire

Hi guys, I have two question to Amazon guys: 1- Are you planning on a Silk emulator? At least to include Silk inside the SDK so web developers can tests webapps? 2- Is the new Silk browser going to be available to Kindle Fire first edition users as an update? Thanks Max Firtman www.mobilehtml5.org www.firt.mobi
amazon appstoreshowcase
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

StephenC@Amazon avatar image
StephenC@Amazon answered
Hi Max -- We generally do not answer questions about future products or services, which this falls under. However, I'm going to move this thread under the Suggestions forum so it will be counted as a "vote for" such a capability. Thanks.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Maximiliano Firtman answered
Steve, Thanks for your answer. The first question is not for future productos, as Amazon Silk already exists on current Kindle Fire ;) As you know, Silk is not the same browser as we used to on same Android version. Therefore, web developers need to test websites on your platform and there is no way to do that right now. Usually, testing them before the product is on the street is a good idea to support web developers ;) In my case, I maintain www.mobilehtml5.org website; I'd like to add next version of Silk there that's why I'm asking. Same for second edition of my book "Programming the Mobile Web" by O'Reilly that is going published in next months. Thanks

ZigZag, Inc. avatar image
ZigZag, Inc. answered
Thanks, Max Firtman, for the www.mobilehtml5.org website -- it is a terrific reference! So it would be great if Amazon could provide the information you need for the Silk browser to keep it up. We are starting to move some of our development to HTML5, and figuring out what features we can use across specific platforms is really important.

Maximiliano Firtman answered
Now the product was launched so it's time to receive an answer:)

Sachin@Amazon avatar image
Sachin@Amazon answered
At this moment, Kindle Tablet emulators do not include the Silk browser. Please keep up with our blog for any updates on this. http://www.amazonappstoredev.com/