question

jodasopa avatar image
jodasopa asked

non-Amazon Android devices is too general

Hi, I wanted to publish my first app to the amazon app store. However I have two versions on my app! I use Unity4 as an Engine and to work around a bug with PowerVR GPUs when deploying to android, I provide a special PowerVR Version. Since all Kindle devices are powered by powerVR chips, I will specially select those in the "My Apps" area for this version. However I can then not set this version for "appropriate" other android devices. So, when I upload my generic version of the game supporting tegra, adreno and others, people using a mobile phone like the Galaxy Nexus S will get THAT version and NOT the PowerVR version. And there is no way for me to set this up. Am I missing something? How can I specify, in more detail which apk is delivered to which devices? cheers jodasopa
amazon appstoreshowcase
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Sachin@Amazon avatar image
Sachin@Amazon answered
Hi Jodasopa, Thank you for your suggestion. Currently we do not support multiple device targeting option for non-Amazon android devices. You can only select an app target that covers all other non-Amazon Android devices. You can provide it as additional information to customers by updating the information in description Tab under long or short description. We have also collected your feedback/suggestion to consider for future releases and have forwarded to the concerned team.
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.