question

david bryan bass avatar image
david bryan bass asked

Xamarin - Login with Amazon Component

Hi, I'm working on an app for Fire TV that makes use of Login with Amazon and Cloud Drive. I've dug into the sample that Amazon provides in the Android SDK named "SampleFilesApp" that seemed to be a good starting point. It makes use of Login with Amazon by specifying "clouddrive:read", "clouddrive:write" and "profile". But that same code, ported over to Xamarin and the component doesn't work. Here's the link to the component: https://components.xamarin.com/view/amazonlogin Well, it works fine as long as the only scope is "profile". Adding in anything related to cloud drive causes it to fail with an invalid scope. Digging in, I managed to take a look at the embedded jar in the component using JD-GUI. The AmazonAuthorizationManager.class in the component has this line: private final String SDK_VERSION = "1.0.0"; In Android Studio, I checked the same line in the original sample and it's: private final String SDK_VERSION = "1.0.1"; Further, the same sample is in the download for the Mobile App SDK download. But that same line in the jar that's there has this: 2.0.1 The component looks like it was authored by Amazon. Any chance of getting an update or, if that's not possible, gaining access to the source for the component that's in the Xamarin component store to see if I can chew through updating it?
login with amazon
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered
Hey! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Let me look into this for you and I'll get back to you as soon as I have more information on the matter. Jamie
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

david bryan bass answered
Thanks! I appreciate the help! I've also raised this with the folks over at Xamarin (via Twitter). Thanks again!
10 |5000

david bryan bass answered
Hi, Wonder if you've gotten any info on this item? Thanks! Bryan
10 |5000