question

johngg123 avatar image
johngg123 asked

Variations for the same user

When running a single A/B test with two variations at 50/50% will the same user receive different variations during the test? or can we safely assume the user is randomly segmented into one of the two variation sets, and then remains there and receives the same variation over and over during the test? I'm not using user segments, I'm interested in the default behavior with no segmentation.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bipin@Amazon avatar image
Bipin@Amazon answered
Yes the variation will remain same until the application is not uninstalled, but if the application is uninstalled and installed again during development phase. You might see the random behavior in variation in the Request of a Variation out of the VariationSet.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ideveloper avatar image
ideveloper answered
I am experimenting with two users and two variations A and B. I find that both the users are always getting variation B even after re-installing the app on both devices. This is a bug right ?
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi ideveloper, I would suggest you to provide the app and identifier information through ContactUs ( https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html). If you dont have any issue to post these sensitive information in this thread which is publicly visible you can post those here also. As far as I could say that it's not an expected behavior.
10 |5000