question

frankaharper avatar image
frankaharper asked

AB testing notifications

I want to AB test notifications. But I'm not sure it's possible with the Amazon AB testing SDK. My scenario is the following: 1. In Application.onCreate() an EventClient instance is created 2. app displays a notification and sends a view event to the EventClient instance 3. some amount of time passes, and the app is destroyed 4. user finally taps on notification 5. In Application.onCreate() a new EventClient instance is created 6. app sends the conversion event to the EventClient instance I believe that in this case the conversion event will not be counted because it wasn't sent to the same EventClient instance Is my understanding correct? If so, is there any way to work around this limitation?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, I believe I've answered this in the other thread as well, but I'll put my response here as well: Since the instance is cached by the service, doing another call to getInstance() with your key should actually result in the exact same instance being grabbed. Thus, you can grab that instance when the user clicks on the notification and use it to send back the variation, which should make everything apply to the same event. Thanks, Nick
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.