question

sagarekbote avatar image
sagarekbote asked

Some View and Goal Events lost

Hi, I created 2 projects under a single identifier so that I can have multiple A/B test for a single android application. I am able to get the variable in each of these projects and i am also able to show different UI based on these variables. I have below questions 1) As the above approach is working for multiple A/B tests is it a correct approach 2) Some of the events are getting lost. For example I saw login screen in my application 16 times but in the webportal I see the view count as 14. Similarly I was saw the details screen 11 times but the webportal says I saw it 7 times. (Note I tried seeing the login and details screen from 4/5 android devices just to check we get the correct view and goal counts) . Please let me know that is it possible that some events may get lost or am I missing something. Thanks, Sagar
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Ross@Amazon avatar image
Ross@Amazon answered
1) As the above approach is working for multiple A/B tests is it a correct approach.
Yes, this is just fine. Having two projects under one account will allow you to change each project independently of the other. Just be careful with how you interpret your results to make sure they are truly independent. For example, if Project1 has a variable screenColor and Project2 has a variable textSize, make sure that when you evaluate your AB results that users who liked the RED screen color better we're not also influenced by the SMALL text size. It's best to group similar variables in the same project so that you can make variations that are appropriate. For example, if Project1 had both the screenColor and textSize variables you could create different variations with the combinations of these values you want to test. This would help to ensure that users with RED screens and SMALL text perform better than BLUE screens and LARGE text.

2) Some of the events are getting lost. For example I saw login screen in my application 16 times but in the webportal I see the view count as 14. Similarly I was saw the details screen 11 times but the webportal says I saw it 7 times. (Note I tried seeing the login and details screen from 4/5 android devices just to check we get the correct view and goal counts) . Please let me know that is it possible that some events may get lost or am I missing something.
Can you confirm that all data on your end is being transmitted? The Android SDK has a cooldown period such that you can only send data once per minute. Therefore, some of the data may actually still be on the device. This can usually happen if you are transitioning between different activities. Our integration instructions have you submit every onPause but if you record events during this cooldown, it may be possible that events have just not been transmitted yet.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.