question

kiran-igo avatar image
kiran-igo asked

INVALID_SENDER in onRegisteredError

Is there a specific meaning the INVALID_SENDER message, and is there some kind of debug logging I can enable for ADM that can provide more useful information? This is all I could see in the log: Service com.amazon.device.messaging.PrivateADMRegistrationService has leaked ServiceConnection com.amazon.identity.auth.device.authorization.api.AmazonCredentialManager$CredentialManagerServiceConnection@416e9550 that was originally bound here android.app.ServiceConnectionLeaked: Service com.amazon.device.messaging.PrivateADMRegistrationService has leaked ServiceConnection com.amazon.identity.auth.device.authorization.api.AmazonCredentialManager$CredentialManagerServiceConnection@416e9550 that was originally bound here at android.app.LoadedApk$ServiceDispatcher. (LoadedApk.java:1024) at android.app.LoadedApk.getServiceDispatcher(LoadedApk.java:918) at android.app.ContextImpl.bindService(ContextImpl.java:1156) at android.content.ContextWrapper.bindService(ContextWrapper.java:387) at com.amazon.identity.auth.device.authorization.api.AmazonCredentialManager.synBindService(AmazonCredentialManager.java:409) at com.amazon.identity.auth.device.authorization.api.AmazonCredentialManager.access$2(AmazonCredentialManager.java:375) at com.amazon.identity.auth.device.authorization.api.AmazonCredentialManager$BindAndDoTask.doInBackground(AmazonCredentialManager.java:527) at com.amazon.identity.auth.device.authorization.api.AmazonCredentialManager$BindAndDoTask.doInBackground(AmazonCredentialManager.java:1) at com.amazon.identity.auth.device.authorization.api.AbstractCredentialManagerAsyncTask.doInBackground(AbstractCredentialManagerAsyncTask.java:1) at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(AsyncTask.java:264) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:305) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:137) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1076) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:569) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:856)
amazon device messaging
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kiran-igo avatar image
kiran-igo answered
I should add that I was able to register previously. This issue cropped up after I reset my server and relaunched the app.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kiran-igo avatar image
kiran-igo answered
Nothing to see here. Move along. The api key wasn't getting copied to our assets folder in release. Debug log messages for ADM would still be useful though

gilko78 avatar image
gilko78 answered
Hello, I am also getting this message/response. What else would cause this to occur as my api_key.txt is in the correct place, and seems to be packed into the apk file. Would it matter say if I entered the wrong signature when creating the api key (I am using vs android - which auto generates the key), or as long as the correct api key is pasted into api_key.txt doesn't it matter? thanks

kiran-igo avatar image
kiran-igo answered
I would think that the signature does matter. I'm not sure what onRegisteredError would send in that case though. Couldn't you verify your signature using keytool just to make sure that's not the issue? Steps for it are detailed in https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/adm/credentials.html

gilko78 avatar image
gilko78 answered
Hello, Yes thanks - switching to automatic signing in Visual Studio (VS Android) revealed the keystore file (Manual setting hid the file), and then I could use keytool to extract the md5. I now get a registration ID!!! I bid you good day