question

dasturrock avatar image
dasturrock asked

Multiple Registration IDs

Hello, Although I don't see it explicitly stated I assume that with the URL for message requests being "/messaging/registration/(REGISTRATION_ID_FOR_DESTINATION_APP_INSTANCE)/messages" means that each request to send a message can only be sent to one device. Is this correct? I have an array of registration IDs ready to pass to the ADM call from the server and am just wondering whether I have to cycle through each(problematic for large arrays) or is there any way to specify a list or array in the request to send to multiple registered devices in one request. On that note I noticed the need for a request to increase the number of transactions possible over a short period but it doesn't explicitly specify what the threshold is without a request, would someone be able to tell me this as well? Many Thanks
amazon device messaging
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Bipin@Amazon avatar image
Bipin@Amazon answered
Hi, As on now the ADM URL can take only one Registration ID, how ever sending message for array of Reg ID's will be discussed and updated soon. Secondly , Message size : Your message can be no greater than 6KB in size. Message throttling : To ensure high availability, ADM limits the number of messages that can be sent over a given period of time. If you have specific capacity requirements, please contact us( https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html) and provide the following information with your request: Your Name Company Name Your Email Address Requested TPS (Transactions Per Second) Limit Reason
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.