question

EvolutionRed avatar image
EvolutionRed asked

How to remove fake reviews on Amazon.com

We had the bad experience with “a customer/competitor” that bought one of our apps and posted a one star review saying, “It doesn’t download and install on my Coby device.” The same person posted the same review only on a big name company saying the same thing only, this time, the device was a kindle fire. Sure enough, we contacted Amazon and they basically just told us where to go. But somehow, the review for the big company was gone within hours. Not ours though. We are just screwed as smaller companies when it comes to phony and competitors spam reviews. Amazon needs to take a serious look on how they treat their developers. Message was edited by: Anshul@Amazon
amazon appstoreshowcase
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Anshul@Amazon avatar image
Anshul@Amazon answered
Thank you for bringing this to our notice. If you feel that any review regarding your app is inappropriate, then please click on the “Report abuse” link under the review. This information will be sent to Amazon for review, and we will take appropriate action.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jonathon avatar image
jonathon answered
I have to agree with this, I received 2 1 star ratings early on . One fool enojyed the game but rated it one as you had to buy it? it was a free game ! He also had a list of leaving 1 star ratings with the exact same type. Another person said it wasnt like the original? what? there has never been an original version ? But Amazon still seem to let the comments and ratings stay. This really does harm the developers in a real negative way, I am sure most are malicious ratings in order to lower the games rankings. Amazon need to take a pro-active stance on this and get tough otherwise they will find developers moving away from the platform.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Jonathon, Thank you for valuable feedback. I will forward your advice to the right team. Basically,we allow anyone registered as an Amazon.com customer to write customer reviews. If someone feels moved to write a review of an item, and they are a registered Amazon.com customer, they are welcome to write a review. If you find this content inappropriate and think it should be removed from the Amazon.com site, click on the Report abuse link under the review. This information will be sent to Amazon.com for consideration.