question

luca91 avatar image
luca91 asked

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError on amazon example project

Hi all, I'm trying to integrate ADM in one of my apps, but I'm getting java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError error. Then I tried to run the ADM demo from amazon, and I still get that error. I've double checked my manifest and it looks good to me. Any help please ? Thank you very much !
amazon device messaging
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

DougM@Amazon avatar image
DougM@Amazon answered
Hello luca91, Could you please let us know what device(s) you attempted to validate your ADM client implementation on? Note that Amazon Device Messaging is supported on Fire phone, Fire TV, and Fire tablets except for the 1st Generation Kindle Fire. This is because there is a runtime dependency within ADM that will only function on those devices. If you are attempting to use ADM on one of the above mentioned devices, then we will need more information as to help you figure out what is going on. As far as what the stack trace looks like and what code is being called at the time the error object is being thrown.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

nyt-junior-dev avatar image
nyt-junior-dev answered
Hello Doug, I am running into the same problem. I using a device that supports ADM, it works for the old version of our app. The new version of our app has Gradle integration. I noticed there's no documentation for that. Will there be any documentation soon? Thanks.
10 |5000

Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered
Hi there, I don't believe that we have any documentation on this at the moment, but I'd suggest you keep an eye on our developer blog where we announce the release of new bits and pieces to help out developers. Hope this helps. Regards, Jamie
10 |5000