question

GimTakYeol avatar image
GimTakYeol asked

ADM Error INVALID_SENDER

I am working with ADM sample project(KindleMobilePushApp). - I made Security Profile(Cliend ID, Client Secret), Api Key(with package name) - I set the api_key.txt file in assets. But I have a problem. When I execute my testApp with Eclipse, I see below message. And I couldn't debug or get help. - ADM Error INVALID_SENDER - Unable to parse API Key for package Did you forget to embed it? I think it is due to api key problem. but I couldn't get detail. I have just submitted the App so it is state of pending. I wonder that Is it possible to test without complete Program qualification
amazon device messaging
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

GimTakYeol avatar image
GimTakYeol answered
I resolved it. There was a little passing over in executing.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

GimTakYeol avatar image
GimTakYeol answered
10 |5000

kaakaaa avatar image
kaakaaa answered
Can you elaborate the steps to resolve this issue. I am facing the same issue. Thanks.
10 |5000

Joseph joshua avatar image
Joseph joshua answered
Hello, I am having the same problem. 'ADM Error INVALID_SENDER - Unable to parse API Key for package 'package name'. Did you forget to embed it?' I have generated api key and and stored it in the asset folder. Please help me to fix this. Thanks.
10 |5000

DougM@Amazon avatar image
DougM@Amazon answered
Hello Joseph, Thanks for reaching out to us. If you are still having issues, please go to your security profiles page at https://developer.amazon.com/iba-sp/overview.html , and make sure that you have the correct API key downloaded for your package name and MD5 Signature for your SSL certificate. Once this key is downloaded it needs to be in the assets/ api_key.txt file within your APK on attempting to use ADM otherwise your implementation will fail.
10 |5000

gearsin avatar image
gearsin answered
Hello I am having same issue. I am using Unity3D for development [b] api_key.txt [/b] is under [b]Plugins/Android/assets[/b] folder. I used Android getAssets() API to verify key is there or not. I can see the text file and its contents are there, but still application throw the "ADM Error INVALID_SENDER - Unable to parse API Key for package 'com.KnowledgeAdventure.AzurePushNotificaionTest'. Did you forget to embed it?". I have put MD5 and create security profile on developer portal. One question what happen when i start app without internet does it still throw the same error? Thanks
10 |5000

gearsin avatar image
gearsin answered
Never mind it was stupid tutorial step i followed. I copied application key from security and it work fine. Thanks
10 |5000

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, Glad you were able to get it to work. Thanks, Nick
10 |5000

genllc avatar image
genllc answered
Hi Nick, I am facing the same issue below is the logs which I am getting while running the app from eclipse with connected Kindle device- [b]10-09 11:50:17.409: E/ADM(11674): ADM Error INVALID_SENDER - Unable to parse API Key for package 'package name'. Did you forget to embed it? 10-09 11:50:17.409: E/ADMSampleMessenger(11674): ADMMessageHandler:onRegistrationError INVALID_SENDER [/b] [u]Steps followed-[/u] - Generated API key with passing application Package name and Signature of Keystore file. - Kept generated API key under project's assets folder with api_key.txt name. However, while running the app from eclipse it never goes to [b]onRegistered[/b] method resulting I am not able to get registrationId. Please guide me where I am making mistake. I tried all the suggested steps in Forum but nothing worked in my case. Thanks,
10 |5000