question

dyouyang avatar image
dyouyang asked

App does not receive ADM messages unless reinstall

Hi! My ADM enable app sometimes does not receive any messages from ADM, even though the server does not return an error for the endpoint (I am leveraging AWS SNS as well). I've verified the ADMMessageHandler onMessage() callback is not fired. A reinstall of the app does fix the issue. What could be the cause of this behavior?
amazon device messaging
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, Is there any indication in the logcat that the receiver was set up incorrectly or had any errors? Also, is this randomly per install or does it happen every install after a certain period of time. Finally, what device and OS version is the tablet running? Thanks, Nick
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dyouyang avatar image
dyouyang answered
Thanks for the help! Not every install encounters this issue, on around 5 devices tested 2 were unable to receive messages the day after install. Is there any any events I can log to help provide more info?
10 |5000

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
The logcat on the android device itself should hopefully provide enough information to figure out what is going on here. -Nick
10 |5000

pguilbot avatar image
pguilbot answered
Same issue here. Any update ? Paul
10 |5000

Ross@Amazon avatar image
Ross@Amazon answered
Can you please provide a logcat so that the SDK team can get an idea of what is causing the issue?
10 |5000

BenB avatar image
BenB answered
Make sure getRegistrationId() is not returning null. If it does, call startRegister() again. Also verify the registration id token matches the one in SNS and that the SNS endpoint is not disabled.
10 |5000

Ross@Amazon avatar image
Ross@Amazon answered
Verify that getRegistrationId() returns the same registration ID. The registration ID can sometimes change and when it does onRegistered() will be called. SNS will need to be updated with the latest registrationId. This may cause a new SNS endpoint ARN to be returned. Also verify that the endpoint ARN is not disabled within SNS.
10 |5000