question

Mohammad F. Husain avatar image
Mohammad F. Husain asked

Map not drawn

Hi all, I am trying to learn map programming in Kindle. I created a simple application using Kindle Map API and ran on a Kindle emulator. I don't see the tiles being drawn. I can see Nokia's name, the zoom control and an overlay I draw but no map. Here is the code I am using: @Override public void onCreate(final Bundle bundle) { super.onCreate(bundle); setContentView(R.layout.main_coffee); MapView mapView = (MapView) findViewById(R.id.mapview); mapView.setBuiltInZoomControls(true); GeoPoint chittagong = new GeoPoint(22366667, 91800000); mapView.getController().setCenter(chittagong); List mapOverlays = mapView.getOverlays(); Drawable drawable = this.getResources().getDrawable(R.drawable.androidmarker); HelloItemizedOverlay itemizedoverlay = new HelloItemizedOverlay(drawable, this); GeoPoint japan = new GeoPoint(35410000, 139460000); OverlayItem overlayitem2 = new OverlayItem(japan, "Sekai, konichiwa!", "I'm in Japan!"); itemizedoverlay.addOverlay(overlayitem2); mapOverlays.add(itemizedoverlay); } Can anyone what is wrong here? Similar code runs fine with Google API in an Android emulator. Thanks, Farhan
amazon maps
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mohammad F. Husain answered
Here is an image of what I see: http://postimage.org/image/4blszr5el/

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sachin@Amazon avatar image
Sachin@Amazon answered
Hi Husain, Map tiles are not available if you have not used the Distribution Portal to register your app. Registration for Amazon Maps is different from submitting your app to the Distribution Portal for testing and publication. The Kindle Fire tablet must also be signed in to Amazon.com for map tiles to appear. Finally, your app will be unable to access map tiles if you have not defined the android.permission.INTERNET permission in AndroidManifest.xml. Please follow all the steps mentioned at the following link: https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/maps/building.html You can also refer the maps FAQ for any queries related to it: https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/maps/faq.html

Ah, I believe the problem is that I did not sign in to the emulator using my Amazon account. I have registered my app though. I will what happens after I sign in. Thanks.

Anshul@Amazon avatar image
Anshul@Amazon answered
Yes you have to sign-in in order to see Maps on Emulator. We hope signing in will solve your issue.

Thanks, it resolved my issue.