question

fabianbouchal avatar image
fabianbouchal asked

Use Maps API with "normal" Android phones

Hi, i´m relatively new to Amazon Maps and i am not sure of the following thing: can i use Amazon Maps in an App for "normal" Android smartphones. E.g. i have an Samsung Galaxy Note 2. If i develop an app in Eclipse with Amazon Maps, can i run it on my Note 2 or can i just run it on Amazon devices like the Kindles or the Fire phone? thanks in advance for your help Fabian
amazon maps
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

DougM@Amazon avatar image
DougM@Amazon answered
Hello Fabian, Thanks for asking , but our Amazon Maps API only works on Amazon Fire Phone and Kindle Fire Devices(except for the Original Kindle Fire). For the answer to this and a few other questions, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions for the Maps API. https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/engage/maps/doc/faq
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

NightzKung avatar image
NightzKung answered
Very good post. I am facing a few of these issues as well.
10 |5000