question

hornepat2 avatar image
hornepat2 asked

Issue with installing Amazon Maps on Android Studio

Hi I have been trying to get the /Applications/androidNewSDK/extras/amazon/mapsv2/samples to run, I am on a MAC running Yosemta. I have managed to install Amazon SDK and have set up my JAVA_PATH to $(/usr/libexec/java_home) I have extracted apache-maven-3.3.3 I have added apache-maven-3.3.3 to my $PATH I have come unstuck on the following step within the following instructions https://developer.amazon.com/public/resources/development-tools/ide-tools/tech-docs/01-setting-up-your-development-environment To install the Amazon Maps API .AAR to a local Maven repository: Make sure you have installed Maven on your system. For details, see the Download Apache Maven page. Download the Amazon Mobile App SDK and extract the files, or follow the steps to download the SDK from the Android SDK Manager. Note the full paths to these files: amazon-maps-api-v2.aar amazon-maps-api-v2.pom Both of these files are in the \lib\aar directory. At a command line, run the following Maven command. Provide the paths to the .aar and .pom files as noted: mvn install:install-file -Dfile= -DpomFile= When I run this command I get the following error [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] BUILD FAILURE [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] Total time: 0.368 s [INFO] Finished at: 2015-10-08T11:10:25+01:00 [INFO] Final Memory: 8M/245M [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.4:install-file (default-cli) on project standalone-pom: The parameters 'file' for goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.4:install-file are missing or invalid -> [Help 1] org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.4:install-file (default-cli) on project standalone-pom: The parameters 'file' for goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.4:install-file are missing or invalid at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:220) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:116) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:80) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:51) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:128) at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:307) at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:193) at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:106) at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:862) at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:286) at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:197) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497) at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289) at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:229) at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415) at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:356) Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginParameterException: The parameters 'file' for goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.4:install-file are missing or invalid at org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultMavenPluginManager.populatePluginFields(DefaultMavenPluginManager.java:668) at org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultMavenPluginManager.getConfiguredMojo(DefaultMavenPluginManager.java:621) at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:121) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:208) ... 20 more [ERROR] [ERROR] [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles: [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/PluginParameterException Any advice would be appreciated Paddy
amazon maps
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Ross@Amazon avatar image
Ross@Amazon answered
Simply importing all of the library jar files associated with Amazon Maps should allow your project to access the API.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.