question

mikenelman avatar image
mikenelman asked

PlayerPrefs doesn't sync.

Hi all! My application doesn't sync data at all, without any error message, and I can't find why. I am working on an unity application. Here what I did to implement the WhisperSync functionality: 1- I set up a game Circle account (I created a new app record in the Amazon Mobile App Distribution Portal and I set it up with proper information); 2- I unpacked the unity package and I called GameCircle.init when my application starts; 3- In the code, on ServiceReadyHandler Event I called whisperSyncSynchronize and on NewGameDataHandler Event I updated my game to reflet new playersPrefs. I also called GameCircle.whisperSyncSynchronizeProgress on all save points. (My application's save file Manager uses the PlayerPrefs functionality) To test my application: 1- I start it once (I can see WhisperSync and GameCircle Icon/PopUp over my application). I play until I reach a save point (Log shows that the event OnGameUploadSuccess is called back so data should be on the server); 2- I closed the application, I go in the OS' Application interface and I erase all saved datas; 3- I start it again (Log shows me that the event NewGameDataHandler is called back so Game Circle Identify that there is data on the cloud serve. 4- Unfortunately, PlayerPrefs data doesn't reflet the latest game save file. I dont't see any error in the logs. Someone has an idea where could be the problem? Is there a way to know what it is on the cloud server? Thanks all!
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sachin@Amazon avatar image
Sachin@Amazon answered
Hi mikenelman, The following items are expected to sync across devices or between deleting a game and reinstalling it: 1) Saved game progress 2) All earned achievements if built into the game 3) All high scores and rankings on leaderboards if built into the game 4) All permanently purchased content 5) All unlocked content The following items may remain device specific: 1) Items purchased specifically for consumption within the game (e.g. coins, energy, health potions, etc.) In addition, Amazon will sync game meta-data for Whispersync enabled games, including the following information: 1) Earned achievements leveraging GameCircle 2) Leaderboards leveraging GameCircle Please find more information at the following link: https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/gamecircle/documentation/unity-whispersync.html Hope this helps.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mikenelman avatar image
mikenelman answered
Hi Sachin, Thank you for your help. I found the problem. Game Circle synchronies file located here : ./data/data/$packageName$/. But for an unknown reason, the Unity's playerPrefs, sometimes used by many programmers as saveFile, is not synchronized, even thought it is located here: ./data/data/$packageName$/shared_prefs/$packageName$.xml. By duplicating save file in the Game Circle's root folder, ./data/data/$packageName$/, it works fine.
10 |5000

Sachin@Amazon avatar image
Sachin@Amazon answered
Hi Mikenelman, its good to know that you solved your issue. Surely this will help other developers in the forum. Thank you.
10 |5000