question

C. Ata avatar image
C. Ata asked

SyncableDeveloperString getCloudTimestamp always returning 0

Hi All, SyncableDeveloperString getCloudTimestamp and getTimestamp are always returning 0. Data is uploading and downloading as expected, but the timestamps don't seem to ever change. Is this a bug, a debug build thing, or what? Thanks
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Ata, Thank you for your posting. We are unable to reproduce the issue. We have submitted a new value to SyncableDeveloperString and done a sync. The time stamp is returned correctly in a Kindle device. Can you please provide some additional information/ sample code or sample app what could help us to reproduce the issue. Thanks
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

C. Ata avatar image
C. Ata answered
Hi Sujoy, I'm trying to show the timestamp in my conflict resolution dialog. I'm just doing the following when I detect inConflict(): GameDataMap cloudData = AmazonGamesClient.getWhispersyncClient().getGameData(); SyncableDeveloperString dbString = cloudData.getDeveloperString( "db" ); dbString.getCloudTimestamp() dbString.getCloudTimestamp() always returns zero. The cloud data does come through though and sync occurs as expected. My app is not yet published to the app store and I'm testing on a Kindle HD with Android 4.0.4 Thanks
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Ata, I am unable to reproduce the issue. The time stamp returned is always valid in my sample code. I have sent you the sample code to your registered mail address. Please take a look there. There you can submit new string data by pressing "Submit Data" button, and get the cloud data by pressing "Sync" button. Please check the logcat output while running the app that the times tamp is printed non zero valid value. Please write back if you are unable to resolve the issue after seeing the sample code. Thanks.
10 |5000