question

aniyagetang avatar image
aniyagetang asked

WhisperSync: Download from cloud callback

Hi, I just integrate GameCircleSDK Game2.2 in my game and implement WhisperSync for save game progress and I do my work under document https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/gamecircle/documentation/whispersync.html#Section4 . I need some callback for download savedata. My game data saved as SyncableDeveloperString and get by WhispersyncClient::getGameData()->getDeveloperString(StringID); For now , just the callback onNewCloudData() called when the first time I Launch game and call WhispersyncClient::synchronize or there is new data uploaded from another device. But, The callback onNewCloudData() won't be called if I relaunch game. when launch game , I have a waiting UI for WhisperSync to download save data ,and the UI would disappear auto after the callback onNewCloudData() be called ( because I found the first time launch game, I can't get any data from cloud even if there is data on cloud until the callback onNewCloudData() called , It seems that the data don't downloaded in GameDataMap before callback called. so I need to wait the download finished). The problem is: The Waiting UI won't disappears when launch game except the first launch because the callback onNewCloudData won't be called. Do you have any other callbacks or states for download progress?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Aniyagetang, onNewCloudData() event will occur when game data is downloaded after installation, or when another device registered to the player has uploaded new game data. The available callbacks are documented here : https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/mobile-apps/devportal2/content/sdk/gamecircle/javadocs/com/amazon/ags/api/whispersync/WhispersyncEventListener.html#onNewCloudData%28%29
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

aniyagetang avatar image
aniyagetang answered
Thanks all the way even it's helpless for me .... >_<
10 |5000

aniyagetang avatar image
aniyagetang answered
Hi, Sujoy: I have another question : can I stop the WhisperSync service in APP by API ? For example , if user change to close WhispserSync service by UI then all the function of WhisperSync like sync would be stoped .
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
10 |5000