question

Android avatar image
Android asked

Sharing data between apps

My understanding is that you should be able to share data between two applications using WhisperSync, assuming they use the same security profile. However, this does not function correctly. We have two editions of our game, here's what happens - - install app, packagename = com.company.game.edition1 - increment SyncableAccumulatingNumber A = 1 install app, packagename = com.company.game.edition2 - increment SyncableAccumulatingNumber B = 1 when edition2 is installed it will correctly see that A = 1, however if we return to edition1 it will not see that B = 1. Furthermore, once both packages are installed they will not synchronize the data between them. Note, that the data seems to sync perfectly if edition1 and edition2 are on different devices! The data just doesn't seem to sync properly LOCALLY.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Jonathan, I am following up with the concerned team here for this issue. I will post back shortly. Thanks.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Android avatar image
Android answered
Do you have any update on this issue?
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Jonathan, Yes I do. This particular use case is not supported by the SDK at this moment. Our team is analyzing the case and preparing a fix plan for this. We are unable to provide immediate solution for this. Sorry for that. I would let you know after I get more update from team. Thanks.
10 |5000

Android avatar image
Android answered
Hi Sujoy, Thanks for getting back to me. In the GameCircle docs there is a section: 'Option: Share a GameCircle Configuration Across Two or More Binaries' which describes how leaderboards and achievements can be shared in this manner. My assumption was that WhisperSync would also do likewise, but it seems not? If you fix this, that would be great. I'm sure other developments would find it useful if data (and not just leaderboards/achievements) could be shared in this way.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi, I understand and feel sorry about this that promised feature is broken in the current version of SDK at this moment. I already informed the concerned team about this. Hope this would be fix in subsequent release.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
The issue has been identified and this would be fix in subsequent release.
10 |5000