question

Exvior avatar image
Exvior asked

Do I leave api_key.txt in the apk?

I have associated the security profile with my app, submitted my app. Now I see 2 api keys in the security profile (one I created locally for debugging) and I am assuming the second key was made automatically by Amazon when I submitted the new app. Do I have to do anything to make sure the app works? Do I have to remove api_key.txt when submitting? What does "If you decide to use your own signature when publishing an app to the Amazon app store (this is a rare case), then you must use your production signature when creating your API" mean?"
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Exvior avatar image
Exvior answered
Also. which page exactly do you refresh in Step 5? What is the url? And do I have to do that every time I submit an update? "After Amazon signs your submitted game and it is in testing, return to the GameCircle Configuration page on the Amazon Mobile App Distribution Portal. Visiting this page refreshes the link between your GameCircle configurations and your app, updating it with the new signature information." I
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bipin@Amazon avatar image
Bipin@Amazon answered
For a pre-release or "debug" version of your app, you must create an API Key and store it as the only data in a file named api_key.txt . The api_key.txt file must be located inside the assets folder for your project. For a release or "production" version of your app, you may not need to create an API Key. Only if you sign the release version of your app using your own certificate, must you create an additional API Key for the release version of your app. Otherwise, if you allow Amazon to sign your app on your behalf, you do not need to create an additional API Key.
10 |5000

hneilk avatar image
hneilk answered
If I want to submit my game to both the Amazon app store and Google Play, should I use the release MD5 signature to generate an API key? Do I then also need to sign the app myself instead of letting Amazon sign it, so the key isn't changed?
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
10 |5000