question

smashingideas avatar image
smashingideas asked

GC_Whispersync is reporting Whispersync is DISABLED

Hello folks, I am seeing in logcat that Whispersync is DISABLED message. I have whispersync initialized correctly. Android manifest file setup correctly. I even see my GameDataMap load and save but not actually saving. I am working from old fire device and logged in using amazon account. Not really sure how to ENABLE whispersync enabled on my machine. Thanks in advance!
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Smashingideas, Have you enabled whispersync while initializing GameCircle? EnumSet myGameFeatures = EnumSet.of(AmazonGamesFeature.Whispersync); AmazonGamesClient.initialize(this, callback, myGameFeatures);
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

smashingideas answered
I am using Unity plugin and as per implementation instructions, I am using following code AGSClient.ServiceReadyEvent += serviceReadyHandler; AGSClient.ServiceNotReadyEvent += serviceNotReadyHandler; bool usesLeaderboards = false; bool usesAchievements = false; bool usesWhispersync = true; AGSClient.Init (usesLeaderboards, usesAchievements, usesWhispersync); Which is what you are doing essentially I believe. :) I am fairly new to Android Development, but isn't GC_Whispersync system level activity? Thank you.
10 |5000

smashingideas answered
One more question for you guys while I am at it... I have looked around here and google but there weren't clear explanation on what the difference between AGSSyncableString and AGSDeveloperString. And if someone can give me good example of how it should be used in unity c# environment, that would be awesome. I believe I have it working but just to double check. Thank you.
10 |5000

smashingideas answered
One more thing, After AGSClient.Init, I see on the app title screen GameCircle popups with "Connect" button. What is the proper way handle when the user clicks on connect?
10 |5000

smashingideas answered
Just an update. I actually ran the GameCircleExample scene file and it is getting initialized correctly, but the data fails to sync due to Whispersync bing disabled. If you guys can point me to way to enable whispersync on my test fire device, that would resolve this issue i believe. Thank you!!
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
I am investigating the "DISABLED" issue and get back to you shortly. Below is the explanation of syncable and non-syncable data types. Some types of game state data can’t be merged automatically. For example, say that a player starts a chess match on an online device, and then continues playing the game on two offline devices. The player will almost certainly make different moves on each offline device. When the two offline devices later go online, the individual moves and final game piece positions can’t be reconciled automatically among the three devices. For this type of data, consider using SyncableDeveloperString to manually resolve conflicts. Possible resolution strategies include: 1. Ask the player to select either the local or the cloud value This is the recommended approach. 2. Select a value programmatically This approach may work only for games that have measurable progress, such as the number of pieces placed in a jigsaw puzzle.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hey, You have asked a relevant question in below thread https://forums.developer.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=3293&tstart=0 Please check whether Whispersync is enabled there or not?
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
What is the device you are testing it?
10 |5000