question

mnedev avatar image
mnedev asked

Game Circle doesn't show leaderboards in Release Signed apk

Hi, I made two apk builds: 1. Debug 2. Release and signed The debug build will show the leaderboards when I click the button in game. But in the release build, I click the button, and the leaderboards won't show. Why is it this case? Is it because I haven't submitted the build and got it approved by Amazon, so release won't work? Do I submit a release signed apk to Amazon or do I submit the debug apk?
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

StephenC@Amazon avatar image
StephenC@Amazon answered
For any build, the package name and certificate fingerprint need to be registered. So if the release build is signed with a different cert than the debug build (which is probably signed with your local debug key), then you need to register your release cert as well. The only case were you can have a release build and not worry about registering the new signature is when you publish the build using Amazon signing. In that case, we grab the new signature automatically during the publishing process and register it. Let us know if registering the release cert fingerprint helps. Thanks! Message was edited by: SteveJ@AWS

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mnedev avatar image
mnedev answered
I added the key to the GameCircle's Whitelist and it's working now. Thank you.

Samuel@Amazon avatar image
Samuel@Amazon answered
Thats great :)