question

muradakhtar avatar image
muradakhtar asked

Acheivements not visible

Hi, I'm trying to integrate GameCircle in my app and I followed the steps from https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/gamecircle/documentation/gamecircle-setup.html and https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/gamecircle/documentation/achievements.html but when I display the achievement list, it is empty. It says "you have unlocked 0 of 0 achievements" even though I have created 3 achievements on the developer portal. Why is this happening. Plus is there any other resource that can help me with integrating GameCenter. I have seen some people mentioning a .pdf file for developers that comes with the SDK but I cannot find any such file in the SDK folder. Regards.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

muradakhtar avatar image
muradakhtar answered
Could this be an issue with my current region? According to the FAQs Amazon GameCircle is currently available in the United States, Great Britain, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and Japan. Could this be the reason I am not able to view the leaderboards and achievements I created? Regards.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Samuel@Amazon avatar image
Samuel@Amazon answered
Hi muradakhtar, Yes, Game Circle is currently available only in those regions. Stay tuned for future updates of Game circle availability. All the content in Game Circle pdf has been published to the developer portal. Please refer to step by step links given in developer portal. https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/gamecircle.html Hope this information helps. Thank you.
10 |5000

muradakhtar avatar image
muradakhtar answered
Hi Samuel, Thanks. I just have one more question. For me to be able to test GameCircle in my app, the package of the app should be the same as the one I use while whitelisting a binary? Is that all that is required to link my app on Kindle to the online one on the developer portal? Do I have to make any additions to the Android Manifest file (like those required for Amazon In-app Purchasing)? The online links that you mentioned do not provide information on this in detail. I'm just asking because I downloaded Amazon's Air Patriots today and the achievements and leaderboards were showing fine in that game. So I assume there is some problem in my implementation because of which I cannot view my achievements/leaderboards. Thanks
10 |5000

Samuel@Amazon avatar image
Samuel@Amazon answered
Hi, yeah the package of the app should be the same as the one while you white-listing your signature. Once your app is white-listed, it will be enabled for all Game Circle services. You do not need to add any thing in Android Manifest xml file related to Game Circle. Hope this helps. Thank you.
10 |5000

muradakhtar avatar image
muradakhtar answered
Thanks
10 |5000

vetcha avatar image
vetcha answered
Achievements are working properly for me, but I want to get the object that I send in the callback so that, I can do error handling. Could you please tell me a way to access the object data from the UpdateProgressResponse result. Thanks, Vetcha.
10 |5000

Sachin@Amazon avatar image
Sachin@Amazon answered
You can find more information on error handling (When you send object in the callback) at the following link https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/gamecircle/documentation/achievements.html#Section3
10 |5000