question

noodlespenny avatar image
noodlespenny asked

Can I post negative scores to GameCircle leaderboards?

I am implementing GameCircle leaderboards in a game where it makes sense for leaderboards to contain both positive and negative scores. Is it possible to post negative scores to leaderboards? I get an error response when I try to submit negative scores, but positive ones seem to work fine.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

technology reviewers avatar image
technology reviewers answered
You probably can't.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

noodlespenny avatar image
noodlespenny answered
I've also checked in the dashboard, and setting the score threshold less than 0 results in an error in the dashboard, so it seems that negative scores are not supported, but I haven't found mention of this in the documentation. Can someone from Amazon please confirm this? Will negative leaderboard scores be supported in the future?
10 |5000

Venkat@Amazon avatar image
Venkat@Amazon answered
Thank you for your post. We do not allow negative values in Leaderboard. We have forwarded you suggestion for negative values inclusion to the appropriate team.
10 |5000