question

E. Gonenc avatar image
E. Gonenc asked

Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) Payments for International Developers

Hello, I would like to see electronic fund transfer (EFT) / SWIFT payment option for international developers. Do you have any plans for new payment options? Currently a check takes 7-9 days to reach my location + 10-20 days to be cleared by my bank.. Thank you...
amazon appstoreshowcase
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

E. Gonenc avatar image
E. Gonenc answered
Just wanted to post an update... New check arrived in 6 days which is very good... But I'm still waiting for the previous one to be cashed, now the banks estimation is 30+ days... Another bank asked for $30+$30 fee for a slightly faster processing... So, having another payment option as noted above, even the PayPal or a similar service would be really-really good as long as it's on-line.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Legend avatar image
Legend answered
I really don't like that cheque system also, in the Netherlands almost nobody use that, it takes so long to get your money about 6 weeks and it is very expensive to cash it at the bank about 70 euro. It would be more better for developers to get paid online like bank wire or paypal more faster and cheaper. I saw this on the Faqs, i wanna know when this will take place? it is already September but didn't notice anything on amazon account so far. ''How will I be paid for international sales if I’m an international developer? Starting in September, Amazon will allow international developers in a number of supported countries to receive electronic payments. Depending on your bank’s location, you may be eligible for either direct deposit or wire payments. If your bank’s location is not eligible for electronic payments, your payment will be made by check, one check per marketplace outside of the U.S., issued in the currency of the sale marketplace.''
10 |5000

StephenC@Amazon avatar image
StephenC@Amazon answered
Hi -- Thanks for posting the suggestion. I honestly don't know if EFT is in the works, but the suggestions here are monitored, so just asking helps. :)
10 |5000

psym avatar image
psym answered
+1 for international EFT, the pain of banking a foreign cheque in Australia is beyond belief (30 mins in the bank, $10 per cheque, 20 days clearance). The bank hates it too, cheques just aren't used anymore and it's a huge pain for them. I hope that the EFT comes in before payments from different amazon sites. If I'm going to be getting a different cheque from each site every month, that might be the last straw.
10 |5000

StephenC@Amazon avatar image
StephenC@Amazon answered
Just announced today, EFT is available for select countries in the EU: https://developer.amazon.com/announcements/electronic-payments.html
10 |5000

A. Ronen avatar image
A. Ronen answered
I hope you keep on working for it to be globally. As you know, Israel has lots of developers, and that feature will bring you more and level you with the Play store in the subject.
10 |5000

E. Gonenc avatar image
E. Gonenc answered
@Steve Thanks for the update, I've rushed payment options yesterday when I saw the news but unfortunately my county isn't one of the EFT enabled countries even if we are also in the IBAN system. So, my suggestion stands. That was a great move but please expand the coverage... :)
10 |5000

Anshul@Amazon avatar image
Anshul@Amazon answered
@EG We understand your concern. We will forward your request to the proper team.
10 |5000

E. Gonenc avatar image
E. Gonenc answered
@Anshul, thank you! :)
10 |5000

davidsdk avatar image
davidsdk answered
Any reason why Luxembourg is not a country for which you have EFT? All the countries around it have it, use the same currency and the same IBAN / BIC identifiers...
10 |5000