question

Silvercaster893 avatar image
Silvercaster893 asked

Get All Scores For A Leaderboard

Hello! I'm using the GameCircle 2.x plugin for Unity, and I'm trying to retrieve the top 100 scores from a leaderboard for use in a custom UI for a leaderboard in my game. I have been able to successfully retrieve the AGSLeaderboard object I want, however, whenever I call its scores property (which is supposed to be a List of AGSScores), it comes back with a count of 0. I've gone to the default leaderboard overlay and I can see the score there (I only have one score there so far), so I know the leaderboard has the score, but I can't seem to get a reference to it in code. Is there something else I need to do, or is this a bug with the Unity code?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Silvercaster, Cant we add following methods in AGSLeaderboardsClient to get the top scores like java. public static void getScores( string leaderboardId, LeaderboardFilter filter ){ JavaObject.Call( "getScores", leaderboardId, filter); } public static void GetScoresFailed( string json ){ } public static void GetScoresSucceeded( string json ){ } Have you tried with this already?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sg-justin avatar image
sg-justin answered
I have the same problem using Unity SDK on iOS. RequestLeaderboardsSucceeded is called and the json returned is an array like this [{"name":"","id":"","scoreFormat":"NUMERIC","displayText":"Points"}]. No scores. I need to be able to grab top n scores. I can try the java call for Android but for iOS this is all in the library?
10 |5000

sg-justin avatar image
sg-justin answered
I tried calling "getScores" in java. Exception: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: no method with name='getScores' signature='(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V' in class Lcom/amazon/ags/api/unity/LeaderboardsClientProxyImpl;
10 |5000

Silvercaster893 avatar image
Silvercaster893 answered
Sorry for abandoning this topic for so long.. Things came up at work that forced me to abandon this project for a while. But I'm working on it again now, and have some more insight. Following the lead of the posts above, I found that the method we were looking for DOES exist - it's just called "requestScores" instead of "getScores" So far I've managed to make a call to it and have success and fail events for it; I even have it returning the json list of scores properly. Where I'm having trouble now is getting it to translate the json into a list of AGSScores. I'll post the code I've done so far, to hopefully help out other developers, but bare in mind that I've commented out everything regarding iOS, as I don't need it for my project, and it was causing compile errors when I left it in, so I haven't done any sort of testing on iOS for this at all. Add to AGSLeaderboardClient.cs: Add to the list of iOS function declarations: (UNTESTED!!) [DllImport ("__Internal")] private static extern void _AmazonGameCircleRequestScores( string leaderboardId, int scope, int startRank, int count); Add to the declaration of Actions: /// /// Event called when a score request fails /// /// the id of the leaderboard for the failed request /// a string indicating the failure reason public static event Action RequestScoresFailedEvent; /// /// Event called when a score request succeeds /// /// the id of the leaderboard for the score request /// list of scores returned public static event Action > RequestScoresSucceededEvent; Add below the RequestLocalPlayerScore method: (Obviously, uncomment the iOS line if you want to use that) /// /// request scores, starting at startRank, for a given leaderboard and scope /// /// /// RequestScoresSucceededEvent or RequestScoresFailedEvent events will be called if they are registered /// /// the id of the leaderboard for the score request /// enum value of leaderboard scope /// the rank to start counting from /// the number of scores to return public static void RequestScores( string leaderboardId, LeaderboardScope scope, int startRank, int count ){ #if UNITY_EDITOR && (UNITY_ANDROID || UNITY_IOS) // GameCircle only functions on device. #elif UNITY_ANDROID JavaObject.Call( "requestScores", leaderboardId, (int)scope, startRank, count ); #elif UNITY_IOS //_AmazonGameCircleRequestScores(leaderboardId, (int)scope); #else if( RequestScoresFailedEvent != null ){ RequestScoresFailedEvent( leaderboardId, "PLATFORM_NOT_SUPPORTED" ); } #endif } Add below the RequestLocalPlayerScoreSucceeded method: /// /// callback method for native code to communicate events back to unity /// public static void RequestScoresFailed( string json ){ if( RequestScoresFailedEvent != null ){ var ht = json.hashtableFromJson(); string leaderboardId = GetStringFromHashtable(ht,"leaderboardId"); string error = GetStringFromHashtable(ht,"error"); RequestScoresFailedEvent( error ); } } /// /// callback method for native code to communicate events back to unity /// public static void RequestScoresSucceeded( string json ) { if( RequestScoresSucceededEvent != null ) { Debug.Log("*******************************json = \n\n" + json + "\n\n*******************************"); var arrayList = json.arrayListFromJson(); List scores = new List (); if(arrayList != null) { Debug.Log("*******************************success! getting scores*******************************"); scores = AGSScore.fromArrayList(arrayList); Debug.Log("*******************************scores.count = " + scores.Count + "*******************************"); } else { Debug.Log("*******************************null list*******************************"); } RequestScoresSucceededEvent( scores ); } } Add to GameCircleManager: Add below RequestLocalPlayerScoreSucceeded: public void requestScoresFailed( string json ) { AGSClient.Log ("GameCircleManager - requestScoresFailed"); AGSLeaderboardsClient. RequestScoresFailed( json ); } public void requestScoresSucceeded( string json ) { AGSClient.Log ("GameCircleManager - requestScoresSucceeded"); AGSLeaderboardsClient. RequestScoresSucceeded(json); } The RequestScoresSucceeded method, in AGSLeaderboardClient, is where I'm having the trouble, as you can see by my log statements; the json is printing out correctly, but when I try turning it into an arrayList, it returns null.. Does anyone have any thoughts on why that might be?
10 |5000

khardey avatar image
khardey answered
For anyone else looking for an answer, I followed Silvercaster893's advice above. The RequestScoresSucceeded method that worked for me is below. First you need the json converted to a hashtable, then the arraylist of hashtable scores. public static void RequestScoresSucceeded( string json ){ if( RequestScoresSucceededEvent != null ){ List scores = new List (); Hashtable ht = json.hashtableFromJson(); if(ht.ContainsKey("scores")){ ArrayList scoresArray = (ArrayList)ht["scores"]; for(int j = 0; j < scoresArray.Count; j++){ scores.Add(AGSScore.fromHashtable((Hashtable)scoresArray[j])); } } RequestScoresSucceededEvent(scores); } }
10 |5000