question

monkeynautgames avatar image
monkeynautgames asked

New high score always shown when in 'Flight mode'

If I switch off Wireless by turning on 'Flight mode' on my Kindle Fire, then every time I call submitScore() on my LeaderboardsClient, I get the following error: GC_NetworkFactoryCall: ... Unable to resolve host " ags-ext.amazon.com" OK that's fine - the network's turned off so it can't connect to Game Circle. But the majority of the time when that happens, I get the 'New High Score' popup, with the score I just submitted. Even if this score is way worse than my actual high score. This happens again and again to me, even if I submit progressively worse scores during the same offline session. I guess what I expected was that GameCircle would at least have some sort of caching or local storage that could allow it to remember the latest high score submitted on that device and NOT display the "New High Score" popup for scores that are nowhere near the high score range. Could someone please let me know if this is the expected functionality or if this is a bug. FWIW, all Game Circle functionality seems to work well when 'Flight Mode' is off and I'm connected to wifi.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi, Thank you for taking time to report the issue. I have just forwarded it to the concerned team. It should be fixed in subsequent release.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

monkeynautgames answered
Thanks Sujoy, Any ETA on when a fix is likely to be available? Mark
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi, Officially, we are not supposed to commit on any ETA for a change, fix or feature to community. All I can say is I have notified the development team here and they are taking it to consideration for fixing the the issue in any of upcoming releases. Thanks.
10 |5000

monkeynautgames answered
Ok, thanks. Message was edited by: monkeynautgames
10 |5000