question

Stefano Campodall'Orto avatar image
Stefano Campodall'Orto asked

Leaderbord filed, time value.

Hi, is it possible set a time in a leaderboard fields? for example for best time in a race game. Regards!
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Stefano, Thank you for writing to us. We allow only long type data to be submitted in a leaderboard. So you can submit best time score as second. But some thing like min-sec or hr-min-sec is not supported so far.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Stefano Campodall'Orto avatar image
Stefano Campodall'Orto answered
Thanks! The feature will be supported in future? :) Regards!
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Stefano, We generally [b]can not[/b] answer questions about future products or services, which this falls under. However, I'm going to forward this feedback/suggestion to the concern team. Please stay tuned on Mobile App Distribution Portal or Blogs ( https://developer.amazon.com/blog/index.html) for any updates related to this. Thanks.
10 |5000

allthenamesaretaken2 avatar image
allthenamesaretaken2 answered
This would definitely be a useful feature - our entire game is based on split second timing. Other systems deal with it by accepting a long int in the score submission, but then letting us set a decimal offset in the configuration of the leaderboard. Thanks!
10 |5000

Ellis Cooper avatar image
Ellis Cooper answered
So there's no support for decimal numbers on leaderboards? I got here because I want to post lap times to leaderboards with a granularity of less than a second. Our laps are short, so I'm not worried about posting minutes - but I do want to post fractions of a second, e.g. 28.13 seconds. I take it that this is not possible at the moment?
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
10 |5000

E. Rosa avatar image
E. Rosa answered
In order to store a best time score for my game, I submit the score in milliseconds. Of course, displaying a score in milliseconds when showLeaderboardsOverlay() is called does not make for a good gaming experience. I would like leaderboards to be time-aware so that time values are formatted appropriately, such as hh:mm:ss.SSSS.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Rosa, Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us. I will surely share this with internal appropriate team here. Thanks.
10 |5000

mark chester goking avatar image
mark chester goking answered
and add a minimum threshold option as well. no sense putting up a timed leaderboard without that option just to discourage cheaters
10 |5000