question

igo-steve avatar image
igo-steve asked

GameCircle - crash when too many errors are cached

I'm not positive if this is the right forum for this, but I didn't see a GameCircle specific location. Feel free to move this thread if needed. Currently while testing our app out that uses GameCircle, we've come across a crash bug that I believe stems from getting too many AchievementClient updateProgress calls receiving an error. When we first started testing the app, many achievements were in-game already but not set on the development site, so we'd get back Unrecoverable errors from the updateProgress response. We noticed that if this went on for too long, the game would crash, with the last few lines being: "AC_AchievementsServiceProxy(32201): Update Progress called on [AchievementName] Asynchronously with handle. GC_BaseReplyMessengerFactory(32201): Constructing a ServiceHandleHandler for the outgoing asynchronous event" I noticed within the FAQ provided with GameCircle for updating achievement progress, there is a comment about errors: "// Add optional error handling here. Not required since re-tries and on-device request caching are automatic" ...which leads me to believe that if too many errors get cached that cannot be resolve, the game will crash. Now once we put in all the achievements online and get significantly less errors, I don't see the crash any more, but it still is of concern to me that there's a potential crash here that could get hit during extensive QA testing (since errors still seem to occur on occasion, even with all the achievements set up). Is there some way to turn off this automatic caching/retrying of errors? Thanks!
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Samuel@Amazon avatar image
Samuel@Amazon answered
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are looking into the issue. We would appreciate if you could send a note along with the Crash logs to customer service: https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html Those emails are monitored by people who can get you the answers you need. Thanks!
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.