question

Arlin@Noodlecake avatar image
Arlin@Noodlecake asked

onServiceX not called

I'm testing an edge case where a user does not have an account registered with their device while booting into our Game Circle enabled game. I am using the initialization from the example inside of the GameCircle-Developer-Guide.pdf. The device I am using is a Kindel Fire HD. Initialization runs, but the AmazonGamesCallback never fires onServiceReady or onSearviceNotReady. Based on the comments in the example, it appears that onServiceNotReady(NOT_AUTHORIZED) should be called in this situation, but it is not. Is this a known issue?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Anshul@Amazon avatar image
Anshul@Amazon answered
The onServiceReady and onSearviceNotReady are not guaranteed to return, so the calling game should not busy wait on these callbacks. We will look at ways to improve this part of our API to make it more user friend for developers
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Arlin@Noodlecake avatar image
Arlin@Noodlecake answered
Alright; as a followup, I had previously asked about having a Game Circle or Achievement button and what a best practice should be for that button on a non-Kindle device. In the comments inside of onServiceNotReady example, it says under "NOT_AUTHENTICATED:", "Disable Amazon GameCircle features in Game UI"... Considering we don't have any reassurance that this will be called, should we disable everything (including visible buttons) by default and then re-enable within onServiceReady()?
10 |5000

Anshul@Amazon avatar image
Anshul@Amazon answered
@arlinnoodlecake We have forwarded your query to the concerned team and will get back to you once we have an update.
10 |5000

Jim Liu avatar image
Jim Liu answered
> Considering we don't have any reassurance that this > will be called, should we disable everything > (including visible buttons) by default and then > re-enable within onServiceReady()? Yes, that should work. - Jim
10 |5000