question

mrflexile avatar image
mrflexile asked

Can't see "Game Services" submenu.

Hi. I'm guiding through this article https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/gamecircle/documentation/gamecircle-setup.html and got subject. But my question, I suppose, is somehow connected with wider topic: do I have to fill all the tabs (including upload of the binary) while creating my app profile in order to integrate and test GameCircle API? Thanks for any help.
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Samuel@Amazon avatar image
Samuel@Amazon answered
Hi mrflexie, Yes, you need to upload and submit your app binary file as well to Amazon since your app will be appended with GameCircle API and it needs to go through the Amazon Review and Publish process.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mrflexile avatar image
mrflexile answered
Nice to hear you again, Samuel. Sorry, I have a little mess in my head, so here is the things as I understand: there is no way to integrate and test Game Circle without uploading binary and submitting my app: after doing it I can test GC, fix any issues, but my game would be available only for me; after testing and debugging I should press some magic button and my app is going to Amazon review and testing team; and only after successful review operations I can press another magic button to make my app to the store. Is this correct? Sorry, I think there is documentation about this process, but I can't find it... Thanks.

Samuel@Amazon avatar image
Samuel@Amazon answered
Hi mrflexile, Yeah that's right.To get help documents on GameCirlce, please log in to Amazon Developer Portal( https://developer.amazon.com) and you can find detailed step-by-step guide for GameCirlce set-up and submitting process links under Game Circle tab. Hope this information helps you. Thank you.

mrflexile avatar image
mrflexile answered
Thanks, Samuel. But I'm already logged in and even have started integration of GC (and submitting my app) when got the subject question. Excuse me my doubts, but I still dont know what to do. According to the GC guide ( https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/gamecircle/documentation/gamecircle-setup.html) I have to register my app (steps 1 and 2), but the same time FAQ-document ( https://developer.amazon.com/help/faq.html#AppDetails) says that "When you submit an app in the Amazon Mobile App Distribution Portal, we will start the app review process." But I need time to finish integrating GC. What should I do? Note Amazon not to start review process? And by the way, can I create and upload fake app in order to try and test GC? Thanks a lot.

StephenC@Amazon avatar image
StephenC@Amazon answered
Hi -- First, it is possible to build and test an app that uses GameCircle *without* submitting it. Here are the steps: 1. Create a new app entry on the Distribution Portal, under "MyApps" 2. Go to the "GameCircle tab", then to "Whitelist Registry" 3. You can enter the signature of your android debug.keystore there, along with the package name of your app Now you can create leaderboards and achievements, and test them using your unsubmitted app (provided the app uses the package name and certificate you registered in step 3 above). The GameCircle documentation will walk you through the code. Thanks, Steve

mrflexile avatar image
mrflexile answered
Thanks, that's the steps that worked for me. Maybe you can improve this part of the documentation, os is this problem is actual for me?) Much appreciate your help anyway.