question

Zivix Developers avatar image
Zivix Developers asked

Whitelisting a Binary

I'm trying to get GameCircle to work correctly for my Unity app to no avail. I've followed all the directions on the "Setting Up Amazon GameCircle in Unity" page, and I've followed all the suggestions I've found here on the forums. I've even emailed support and got the exact same suggestions I saw in the forums, right down the spelling error of "keystone" rather than "keystore" and it is still giving me the CANNOT_AUTHORIZE error in logcat. What I'm looking for is a better explanation of the "Whitelist Registry" section of the "GameCircle" tab in the dev portal. What does "Package Name" mean? Is it the same as the App SKU? If it is, why not just say App SKU instead of "Package Name"? The signature from keytool has symbols like + and = in it. Are those supposed to be included when I'm whitelisting? Does having incorrect signatures affect the GameCircle authorization? Anyone from Amazon replying, [b]PLEASE[/b] do not respond with the general "follow these steps" post that I've seen three times already.
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Anshul@Amazon avatar image
Anshul@Amazon answered
Package name is not same as App SKU. You can find the package name in your app's AndroidManifest.xml file as an attribute of tag. Also, symbols likes + and = are part of signature. Please include them while white-listing.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

waskithebest avatar image
waskithebest answered
I also have the same problem ! The logcat is throwing me "D/AGC_ServiceProxy(17313): authResult: CANNOT_AUTHORIZE", ! I'm launching yours example project included in package for Unity sign with my own key. I don't maybe the problem is with key ? please provide us a correct steps to generate the correct key and process signing the apk.

Zivix Developers answered
My app is made in Unity. Does the package name in the AndroidManifest.xml file change when I build the project? Right now as I look at it, it says "com.unity3d.player" as the package name. Does it change to the "Bundle Identifier" field in Unity's Player Settings > Other Settings on build?

waskithebest answered
My problem was caused by OpenSSL provided by cygwin (I'm working on Windows). The OpenSLL from cygwin was generating the WRONG SIGNATURE! so beware what are u using to generate signature! Message was edited by: waskithebest

Then where did you get the correct signature?

waskithebest answered
I asked other person to check command "keytool -exportcert -alias myAlias -keystore mykey.keystore | openssl sha1 -binary | openssl base64" with my keystore (on Mac) and he provided me a correct signature. So try it to execute this command on non-Windows platform.

Yeah! Using keytool on a mac to get the signature worked! Thank you so much for that waskithebest!

Sachin@Amazon avatar image
Sachin@Amazon answered
Thank you waskithebest. This would surely help other developers as well.