question

dchowardlau avatar image
dchowardlau asked

About Game Circle

Hi all, I am following the steps in GameCircle-Developer-Guide.pdf to develop game circle. I encounter a problem on authorizing when I initialize Amazon Game Client. I input a my Package Name and a hashed Signature in "Whitelist a Binary". and use Kindle Fire for testing. However, it return NOT_AUTHENTICATED, NOT_AUTHORIZED, CANNOT_AUTHORIZE after every initialization. The code is here: ================================================================================================================ EnumSet myGameFeatures = EnumSet .of(AmazonGamesFeature.Achievements, AmazonGamesFeature.Whispersync,AmazonGamesFeature.Leaderboards); AmazonGames agsClient = AmazonGamesClient.initialize(getApplication(), new AmazonGamesCallback() { @Override public void onServiceReady() { Log.i("Amazon", "onServiceReady"); } @Override public void onServiceNotReady(AmazonGamesStatus reason) { switch (reason) { /** * The service could not bind either because it does not * exist, or permissions have not been granted. * This will also occur when your game is executed on a non-fire device * that does not have Amazon GameCircle installed */ case CANNOT_BIND: /** * The service could not authorize the client. This * should only occur if the network is not available the * first time the game attempts to connect. */ Log.i("Amazon", "CANNOT_BIND"); case CANNOT_AUTHORIZE: /** * The game in not authorized to use the service. Check * your package name and signature registered in the * Developer's Portal */ Log.i("Amazon", "CANNOT_AUTHORIZE"); case NOT_AUTHORIZED: /** * The device is not registered with an account */ Log.i("Amazon", "NOT_AUTHORIZED"); case NOT_AUTHENTICATED: /** * Disable Amazon GameCircle features in Game UI */ Log.i("Amazon", "NOT_AUTHENTICATED"); break; } } }, myGameFeatures); ================================================================================================================ Thanks for your help :) Message was edited by: dchowardlau
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

StephenC@Amazon avatar image
StephenC@Amazon answered
Hi -- The reason you're seeing all the error messages (one after the other) is that you should be using a "break" after every case stanza. So the relevant error is the one you're getting first - "CANNOT_AUTHORIZE" This is usually caused by not having your app registered (package name and certificate fingerprint) with the service. If you have registered and are still getting problems, please send a support request to: https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

vetcha avatar image
vetcha answered
I am able to successfully get Amazom Game Circle. Although I have a couple of doubts. I currently added the signature from step 3 in a test application from a testing account on Amazon. If I use the same signature in the main app of the main account against the same package name, will there be any binding issues? In any case is there a way to remove entries from the whitelist?

Samuel@Amazon avatar image
Samuel@Amazon answered
Hi, we are following up on your question and we will get back to you once we have an update. Thank you.

Samuel@Amazon answered
Hi Vetcha, Yeah, the mapping from signature and package name to App Game id is many to one. You can assign as many signatures and package names as you want to an App but you cannot register the same signature and package name to multiple Apps.

vetcha avatar image
vetcha answered
Thanks for the reply. In that case I would like to remove the signature and the package names that I have whitelisted in my app. If it can't be done, I would prefer to delete my app itself. Since this is a test app, it is not needed. Please let me know of the procedure to do the same.

Samuel@Amazon answered
Hi Vetcha, Can you please raise a contact us( https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html) for this. One of our support engineers will assist you. Thank you.

vetcha avatar image
vetcha answered
I have just done that. Thanks for the reply once again. I will wait for a response and hope this gets sorted out. Thanks.

Samuel@Amazon answered
Thank you.

vetcha avatar image
vetcha answered
Initially I got replies in a day's time but now I am not getting any replies. Could you please check the case Ids *****,*****. If you could remove the signature entries from my whitelist registry that would be great. Our Gamecircle release is blocked because of this. I hope you understand the urgency. Thanks, Vetcha. Message was edited by: Samuel@Amazon

Peter@AWS avatar image
Peter@AWS answered
Hi Vetcha, your whitelist registry has been updated to remove the signature ids you requested. Let me know if you have any more difficulties. Thanks!