question

Timothy D. Lundeen avatar image
Timothy D. Lundeen asked

How do I get notified that the soft key gamecircle button has been pressed?

I'd like to bring up the gamecircle leaderboards when that soft key button is pressed. Other games are doing this, but I can't find any documentation on how to do it. I'm not getting an onKeyDown event when it is pressed.
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Peter@AWS avatar image
Peter@AWS answered
Hi Timothy, The leaderboards/achievements overlay is displayed automatically when the GameCircle soft key is pressed, as long as GameCircle has been initialized to enable at least one of its features (achievements, leaderboards, or Whispersync). Your application will pause automatically while the overlay is active. For more information about initializing GameCircle in your game, please see https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/gamecircle/documentation/gamecircle-setup.html.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Timothy D. Lundeen avatar image
Timothy D. Lundeen answered
One other thing that was required was to connect to gamecircle from the uiThread. It is also possible that other calls need to be from uiThread, am going to switch them to it just in case.

Peter@AWS avatar image
Peter@AWS answered
Thanks, Timothy, for highlighting that about initialization.. It shouldn't be required to make other GameCircle calls from the UI (main) thread. -peter